Hosted by The Space Between

Saturday, May 13, 2017

May TBR List Winner - The Ghost and Mrs. McClure by Alice Kimberly



 And the winner is...


Book Synopsis:

This spirit is willing -- to catch a killer

Young widow Penelope Thornton-McClure and her old Aunt Sadie are making ends meet by managing a mystery bookshop -- a quaint Rhode Island landmark rumored to be haunted.  Pen my not believe in ghosts but she does believe in good publicity -- like nabbing Timothy Brennan for a book signing.  But soon after the bestselling thriller writer reveals a secret about the store's link to a 1940's murder, he keeps over dead -- and right in the middle of the store's new Community Events space.

Who gives Mrs. McClure the first clue that it was murder?  The bookstore's full-time ghost -- a PI murdered on the very spot more than 50 years ago.  Is he a figment of Pen's overactive imagination?  Or is the oddly likable fedora-wearing specter the only hope Pen has to solve the crime? You can bet your everlasting life on it!


I'm actually glad this one won, as I am a Mrs. McClure myself in real life, so I already have affection for this book! My Dad had read this series also and enjoyed them, so I think I'm in for a treat!



39% of the votes


33% of the votes


28% of the votes

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I picked that one! can't wait to see what you think! Happy Reading! ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told I need to read this one. :-) I hope you enjoy it! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...