Hosted by The Space Between

Monday, January 25, 2016

Juding by the Cover #3 - Gene Mollica

I discovered Gene Mollica through a little series call The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne. I love the story and I loved the covers! Gene really brought Atticus to life, so when I saw a drawing that I think Kevin Hearne shared to win some of the cover art, naturally I entered, following the artist, and looking around at some of his other work, which were covers of other things I had seen and was interested in reading, I recognized almost every cover in his website gallery!

I love Gene's people, they are ready to come off the page on the downswing of a sword or the landing of a jump,  and the backgrounds behind them are just full of color and movement.

Gene is very active on his facebook page, sharing works in progress, and his website is also beautifully done, you can view many probably familiar covers in their original form without the title printing over them, and also purchase signed prints. I'm really tempted to get myself an Atticus, the problem would be deciding which one!

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...