Welcome to Bout of Books 5.0! I'm so excited, and not a little nervous, to be co-hosting my first ever Bout of Books Challenge with my friend and fellow read-a-thon addict Elsi! I'm proud to say I think I'm the one that got her hooked! ;)
To enter this challenge, tell us what happens to your books after you have read them. Elsi and I both belong to BookCrossing.com, an on-line community where books are given a unique identity so, as the book is passed from reader to reader, it can be tracked, thus connecting its readers. So, we're going to give you an extra chance to win if you're a member of BookCrossing. (And you can join today if you're not already a member. It's completely free to join!)
Here are the details:
- This challenge will be open for 24 hours, from 12:01 am CDT on Monday the 13th to 12:01 am CDT on Tuesday the 14th
- You must be participating in Bout of Books to win. You must have posted your goals and linked them through the linky on this page.
- Four participants will each win one book up to $15 from The Book Depository.
- This is open to entrants in any country that The Book Depository ships to.
- Winner will be selected using Rafflecopter and we’ll announce and contact the winner on Tuesday evening.
- To enter, all you have to do is fill out the Rafflecopter widget below. You may answer the question in the widget or post your answer on your blog and supply a link to your answer in the widget. You get an extra entry if you're a member of BookCrossing.
- You can submit your entry on either of our blogs. Rafflecopter ensures that duplicates are not received.
Congratulations to the winners:
Kimberly posted her response on her blog, On the Wings of Books, saying "After I’ve finished reading (and reviewing) a book it gets put on my finished reading shelf. It’s a nice feeling to be able to put it on that shelf. Occasionally I will loan books (but usually just to certain, trusted, people). And I rarely give books away. I know that’s very selfish of me, but that’s just the way I am. I gave away a ton of books several years ago and I regret doing it, so I don’t usually feel inclined to give them away now."
Melanie says "Most I keep, but some I give away (either to someone I know or via my blog)."
Kat C said, "After I read a book I will either keep it, give it to another blogger or trade it in at the used bookstore."
Tracy is a member of BookCrossing. Her BookCrossing member name is mattnem05.