Hosted by The Space Between

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Hour 1 - Intro Meme

1)Where are you reading from today?

Mostly my house, but we may go out to lunch and a local coffee shop to read for awhile.

2)Three random facts about me…

I've always loved Archaeology, enough that it inspired me to get an Anthropology degree, though I've not ended up in a career using it. I would love to visit Egypt or Mexico and see the wonderful ruins there!

I'm also a geocacher, though we don't do it a lot, it is a lot of fun. The most exciting one we've found so far was a cache on the edge of Royal Gorge in Colorado, beautiful scenery!

I worked in a bookstore during highschool and college, sometimes I miss it, though I think I have just as many books of my own now!


3)How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

About 30, but that's just to have something to choose from, there's no way I'll get through them all! But I sure wish I could read that fast!

4)Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)?

No real goals, just to read as much as possible.

5)If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time?

This is my 4th time I think, and my advice is to just relax and have fun, that's what it's all about! Even if you're not reading as quickly as you might like, you're still part of something wonderful, enjoy it!

9 comments:

  1. Great tips! I definitely agree with your advice. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great start to the read-a-thon. Go shauney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to geo-cache one of these days myself!!

    have fun today!!

    Team Golden Grahams Cheerleader-Staci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Readathon! Love the purple. Great advice to just have fun! I have so much fun I can never read anything. too excited to focus...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopped by to check in on you. Have a good read and I'll be back later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there -- and thanks for dropping by Reading in Texas to cheer me on. I'm glad my friends are participating with me -- enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the reading is going well, would be disappointed if you didn't get through all 30 books in the TBR pile (not really :-D)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Couldn't agree more about all of this (and all of us) being a part of something so great! Keep up the great page-flipping and read-a-thoning, and I can't wait to see how the rest of the day goes for you!

    Chelsea (#cheertrix)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy read-a-thon! I absolutely agree that it's all about having fun. I'm a first timer but I'm really enjoying the experience :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...