Hosted by The Space Between

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?

I'll be starting Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich once I've cheered a bit more.

2. How many books have you read so far?

1 full book, 1 partial book, 3 short stories.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

Father Mine by J. R. Ward, it's a short story, but I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood!

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?

Not really, luckily Saturday is usually pretty clear for me.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

self-inflicted ones, like going out to lunch and running errands, so I brought along my ipod to listen to an audiobook, or read on the kindle app on my phone.

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

The time just flies by!

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Nope, it's awesome just the way it is!

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

Well, honestly I think I may have gotten it just right for myself this year. I'm going to try getting some sleep before too long and then getting up for the end few hours rather than staying up as late as possible, so we'll see how that works!

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Kind of, but still jazzed to get more reading done. Once I hit that wall though, I go down fast! That's why I'm going to try the nap thing!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

I'm including some short stories this time, something I've not done before, while they don't get you a big page count, they do let you feel like you've finished some "units" and I think that's important if you're feeling bogged down with a longer book. Also, just have fun, set attainable goals if you set them at all, and don't be hard on yourself if things don't go exactly as you planned, be flexible, and you'll be a lot more relaxed!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I'm totally doing an Evanovich book late at night... those always are great easy reads! Thanks rot he reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a neat idea to take a break before the home-stretch: refreshed for more reading (and the Evanovich will be such fun). Hope that works out well for you. Happy read-a-thon-ing!

    Cheering for you from Team Trix

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying the same approach - going to sleep for a few hours and then work up early to finish up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...