Hosted by The Space Between
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Awake and Ready to 'Thon!
I knocked out a quick short story, "A Big Hand for the Doctor" by Eoin Colfer that is part of a 12 story collection, one for each doctor. This was for #1. I got the box set because each story has a cover showing that Doctor's signature outfit and I just thought they were cute, so there's #1's outfit to the left! Here is the link on Amazon if you are so inclined.
I'm ready to dive into something a little longer, so I'm giving Something From the Nightside by Simon R. Green a try.
A Big Hand for the Doctor - Eoin Colfer - 46 pages
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Kansas, USA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? All of them really, I tried to pick books to fit my mood, rather than just for length this time.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I have some Ben and Jerry's ice cream all ready for later!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I'm an introverted Inventory Analyst who very nearly because an Archeologist instead! Okay, not that nearly, but I've always love Archeaology, and studied it in college before my better sense too over and I chose something that probably suited me better. I do still love reading about it though!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I've lost count of how many of these Read-a-thon's I've done, but so far my nemesis seems to be getting too comfortable, so I've got a secret weapon this time. If I start to get sleepy, I may try sitting on my stability ball, it forces your body to be actively keeping balance, and you have to be awake to do that!