Hosted by The Space Between

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Awake and Ready to 'Thon!

I've had a tasty breakfast burrito, and some coffee and I'm ready to get to it!

I knocked out a quick short story, "A Big Hand for the Doctor" by Eoin Colfer that is part of a 12 story collection, one for each doctor. This was for #1. I got the box set because each story has a cover showing that Doctor's signature outfit and I just thought they were cute, so there's #1's outfit to the left!  Here is the link on Amazon if you are so inclined.

I'm ready to dive into something a little longer, so I'm giving Something From the Nightside by Simon R. Green a try.

Finished:
A Big Hand for the Doctor - Eoin Colfer - 46 pages


Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?  Kansas, USA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?  All of them really, I tried to pick books to fit my mood, rather than just for length this time.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?  I have some Ben and Jerry's ice cream all ready for later!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!  I'm an introverted Inventory Analyst who very nearly because an Archeologist instead!  Okay, not that nearly, but I've always love Archeaology, and studied it in college before my better sense too over and I chose something that probably suited me better.  I do still love reading about it though!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  I've lost count of how many of these Read-a-thon's I've done, but so far my nemesis seems to be getting too comfortable, so I've got a secret weapon this time.  If I start to get sleepy, I may try sitting on my stability ball, it forces your body to be actively keeping balance, and you have to be awake to do that!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, I really liked most of the mini Doctor adventures - If you have any more handy, I can definitely recommend trying a few more if you need a little something different :)

    And I hope you'll post a little bit about what you think about "Nightside" - I've had it on my TBR for years, but have never gotten around to it, and have heard varying opinions :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've got this whole Readathon thing down pat. I now want some Ben and Jerry's... Mmmmm. Have a great time, #TeamPopper is cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy all of your books! Have a great readathon #TeamMrPopper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Here to cheer you from Texas. Breakfast burrito - yum any time. And Ben & Jerry's - wouldn't happen to be Cherry Garcia? That's my favorite. And thanks for mentioning the stability ball. I'm going to go get mine. Happy reading and hope the rest of your day is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irene from Team Mr. Popper here. I hope you're enjoying the readathon so far. Please remember that it's all about having fun, so if you feel more like snacking than reading, then go ahead. This event is the perfect excuse for snacking!
    I'm sure you'll reach your goal. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...