Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Christmas Revels by Mary Jo Putney

Christmas Revels by Mary Jo Putney is my fifth and last read for the Christmas Spirit Challenge. This was a collection of five short romances all by the same author, the first a contemporary, and the other four historical. I have to say I think this was my favorite read of the Christmas books I read this time, and I'll definitely be looking into more of this author!

In A Holiday Fling a British actress and an American cameraman rekindle their relationship while filming a local production as a fundraiser to save a historical building.

The Christmas Cuckoo is a historical case of mistaken identity that actually turns out well for everyone.

Sunshine for Christmas brings together a despondent Englishman and a relocated English Governess in Italy, as he is trying to escape winter doldrums.

A young French seamstress accepts an indecent proposal to make ends meet when she is unjustly dismissed. It turns out to be the best decision of her life, in The Christmas Tart.

The Black Beast of Belleterre is a Beauty and the Beast story, where the young and beautiful wife proves to the "beast" her husband that her love for him goes far beyond the surface.

I'm really not sure which one is my favorite as with each one I read, I decided it was the best at the time! These were very enjoyable short romantic novellas, and Ms. Putney does a good job of making the characters likable, and fills each story with good description of action and setting. This was the first book by Putney that I have read, but it certainly won't be the last, I'll be adding some to my wishlist! Highly recommend this one to someone who wants some holiday historical romance!

And that concludes my Holiday Challenge reading! Bring on the next challenge!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing the challenge! So glad you joined me and enjoyed it. If you haven't already, don't forget to enter the giveaway over at The Christmas Spirit. It ends tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...