Hosted by The Space Between

Friday, January 07, 2011

2010 Wrap up

Now that we're a week into 2011, I'm finally getting around to my 2010 wrap up/faves post. It's a difficult thing, I read a lot of books in 2010 that were really great, and I'm having a hard time picking which ones to talk about, because talking about all of them would be much too long!

Just for Fun Reading Stats:

Books read/listened to: 132 (a personal record yay!)

Pages read: 33,794 avg of 91 per day, I was really shooting for that 100 per day mark, but didn't quite get there!

Genre Breakdown: I'm a little ashamed to say Young Adult/Teen was my most read category since I'm in my 30's, but there are so many great books for that age group now, and I'm loving the teen paranormals!

29% Young Adult/Teen
18% Romance
14% Fantasy and Sci-Fi
13% Audiobooks (ok, not really a genre, but that's how I kept track)
11% Mystery
15% All that other stuff (Chicklit, Non-genre fiction)

Oldest Copyright Date: 1979, Which Witch? by Eva Ibbotson (a very cute YA Fantasy book!)

Events: I participated in Dewey's Read-a-thon both times this year and had a lot of fun, reading, blogging, and visiting other blogs! The next one has just been announced, so mark your calendars for April 9th, 2011! It's a fun friendly reading frenzy!

Now for the hard part, picking favorites!

Best reads:





*Mind Games by Carolyn Crane (I think my top fave of the year, looking forward to Double Cross!)

*Heart of Stone by C. E. Murphy (I'm listening to the second book now and loving it!)

*The Ruby Ring by Diane Haeger (historical fiction about Raphael the painter)

*A War of Gifts by Orson Scott Card (quick, but powerful)

*Inside/Out by Maria V. Snyder (looking forward to Outside/In!)

*Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell (Shakespearean themed thriller)

*Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison (Teen paranormal)

*Firespell by Chloe Neill (Teen paranormal)

There are actually many more I could mention, but it would probably take me until next year to get it all posted! Good luck with your reading in 2011, I can't wait to see what the year brings us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...