Hosted by The Space Between

Monday, September 06, 2010

The DaVinci Code versus Angels and Demons


I have just finished watching Angels and Demons, which I was told by many was even better than The DaVinci Code. Now this statement was made to me in regards to the books themselves, and honestly, while this one was an intriguing movie, and I'm sure I'll still read the book in the future to get all the interesting details, I was drawn into The DaVinci Code much more. I know exactly why, it seems to me there was more artwork and interesting historical locations in it, not that the Vatican isn't interesting, but I think the whole idea of The DaVinci Code just drew me more.

I did listen to The DaVinci Code before I saw the movie, so in essence I had already read it, and have not yet read Angels and Demons, so maybe it's just that I don't have the backing of the book knowledge to fill in the gaps. I would be curious to know which story you prefer, and why, and what you thought of the movies? Okay friends, discuss! :D

2 comments:

  1. My favourite of the two books was Angels and Demons (though not my usual genre, I did enjoy Dan Brown's books).
    I usually find that the book is better than a film.
    Even though u have seen the film I would say still read the book to savour all the clues and the storyline.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read 'Angels and Demons' before Dan Brown hit it big with 'DaVinci Code' - and I have to say that I did like 'Angels and Demons' quite a bit more. I'm not sure if that's because I'd read it first or because it is genuinely better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...