Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger

From Goodreads:

IT TAKES THE WISDOM OF YODA TO SURVIVE THE SIXTH GRADE

Meet Dwight, a sixth-grade oddball. Dwight does a lot of weird things, like wearing the same T-shirt for a month or telling people to call him "Captain Dwight." This is embarrassing, particularly for Tommy, who sits with him at lunch every day.

But Dwight does one cool thing. He makes origami. One day he makes an origami finger puppet of Yoda. And that's when things get mysterious. Origami Yoda can predict the future and suggest the best way to deal with a tricky situation. His advice actually works, and soon most of the sixth grade is lining up with questions.

Tommy wants to know how Origami Yoda can be so smart when Dwight himself is so clueless. Is Yoda tapping into the Force? It's crucial that Tommy figure out the mystery before he takes Yoda's advice about something VERY IMPORTANT that has to do with a girl.

This is Tommy's case file of his investigation into "The Strange Case of Origami Yoda."

I've been wanting to check this series out for awhile now, so when I saw the audio available at the library, I decided it was just the thing I needed. I was looking for a quick and fun listen, which it definitely was. The concept is hilarious, getting advice from an origami puppet of Yoda, with an apparent mind of his own. It's treated like a case file with interviews from all those who had an interaction with the puppet, trying to decide if there's something more there, if the puppet is special. That being said, I think it was written at a little bit younger of a level than I can truly enjoy any more, I just wasn't the kind of kid this speaks to, but it was a quick and enjoyable listen, as I'm sure it would also be to read. I'm not sure if I'll read more in the series, maybe some day if I'm again in need of a super fast and light listen. I love the covers and the titles, they are great!

Read for the 2016 Library Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...