Hosted by The Space Between

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Lover Mine by J. R. Ward

Lover Mine is the 8th book in the FANTASTIC Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J. R. Ward. Can you tell this is one of my absolute favorite series? ;)

There may be spoilers here if you're not as far along in the series.

This is John Matthew's book. Finally having transitioned from a scrawny pre-trans into an adult male vampire, John Matthew now has the brawn he's always desired. What he doesn't have is the female that he knows is his destiny, Xhex. Always fascinated by her, even before his transition, John Matthew's relationship with her has always been a rocky roller coaster. Xhex has swung between letting him glimpse her attraction to him, and shoving him violently away by cutting him to the quick emotionally. When Xhex is kidnapped during a raid on the Symphath colony, John Matthew's devotion is renewed to a fever pitch, and he will not rest until she is recovered.

I like how there are multiple story lines going on during these books. It's a fairly complete world, even though the main story is focused on a pair of the characters, other arcs are being furthered and set up at the same time, setting up multiple avenues for future books, making you NEED to read the next book! Past characters still appear frequently, though not figuring as prominently as we might like (More Vishous please!), keeping us in touch with beloved brothers, and occasionally their mates, though the ladies appear much less often.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next book, Lover Unleashed, featuring Vishous' sister Payne, since I may get more of a fix with my fave Brother. Lover Reborn should be very satisfying as well, featuring Tohrment, who has been suffering for several books now, it's about time he gets some happiness! *fingers crossed*

Thank you J. R. Ward for sharing this awesome story with us, it is one of my all time favorite series! *knows I'm gushing* For more information on the author and her work check out her website

This was my 4th read for the Paranormal Romance Challenge hosted by Bitten by Paranormal Romance.

1 comment:

  1. My heart was truly broken and often tears glittered in my eyes, which does not usually happen with me. I am rather jaded when it comes to love stories due to my own experiences but I do like to read the fictional. Maybe it was because I identified with the characters, I'm not entirely sure, but I can say I fell in love all over again. You really don't realize how much you miss the Brotherhood until a new story comes out. I read this huge book in half the time it normally takes me to read a small one because I gorged myself on the story. It wouldn't have taken me that long if I hadn't had to go to work and take care of other stuff in the meantime. Oddly, I ached to learn more about all the Brothers, which kept me glued to the story. Ward is a fantastic writer and paints an amazing story.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...