Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Movie: Music and Lyrics

We’re very slow to get around to watching movies, most of the time it’s catch a few minutes of tv here and there (usually just enough to be totally confused at what we’ve missed since the last few minutes we saw) and/or be on the computer, playing games, catching up on bills, Bookcrossing, or just otherwise wasting time. I have a short enough attention span that movies are kind of hard for me unless it’s something I’m REALLY interested in, or an actor/actress I really like.

This past weekend though we actually did sit down and watch a movie (well, okay, I was in the same room with it, sat down and watched is probably an exaggeration) that we’d had from Netflix for probably at least a month, which is pretty typical unfortunately.

We watched Music and Lyrics with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. It was very cute, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is a Hugh Grant fan (which I am), who used to be or still is a fan of 80’s groups like Wham or Duran Duran (which I am) and anyone just looking for a cute little romantic movie. I would say it was typical Hugh Grant, the bumbling male lead who’s sort of clueless but figures it out in a big way by the end in time to save the day and the relationship, apologizing in a huge public way (oh wait, that’s most of his movies, isn’t it? Yep!). In other words, Hugh’s character is just like all his others, which in my opinion, is actually a good thing, because it’s what I’ve come to expect from him, and what I want, so thanks Hugh! The 80’s-esque video they made for the beginning of the movie is absolutely hysterical! I enjoyed Cora as well, her idea of spiritual was definitely a bit… off! LOL!

Other Hugh Grant movies I like very much are:

Notting Hill and Two Weeks Notice

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was a pretty cute movie, too. If you're feeling blue, you really can't go wrong with Hugh Grant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...