Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Art of Purring by David Michie

The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Art of PurringThe Dalai Lama's Cat and the Art of Purring by David Michie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really love the Dalai Lama's Cat books, they'll definitely be considered as repeat comfort reading at some point in the future. They are gently humorous and thoughtful, bringing to light concepts that we all struggle with and offering insight into how to deal with feelings in perhaps a different way than we normally would. It makes me want to visit McLeod Ganj, and the Himalayan Book Cafe, and spend time with all the endearing characters that are a part of HHC's life. It's also stirred an interest in learning more about Buddhism for me, it seems like such a peaceful and caring life philosophy, that even if you don't adopt it as a religion, you can still learn so much about human nature from it's teachings. I'm definitely looking forward to The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Power of Meow and may look into other of David Michie's books on meditation, which is a complete mystery to me. I wouldn't even know where to start.

A strong recommend to cat lovers, because regardless of whose cat she is, HHC is still A CAT, and her contemplation of the wisdom imparted by His Holiness and the other teachers which is often at odds with her nature is both entertaining and thought provoking, but in an easy way. These are light, but meaningful in content, and for me definitely comfort reading.

COYER SH #55 - features an animal prominently in the story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...