Hosted by The Space Between

Friday, October 17, 2014

Dewey's 24 hour Read-a-thon October 2014 Edition

It's time for the Fall Edition of Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon!

*throws confetti, shakes pompoms, puts on a tiara*

This year I booked myself for a 5K before I knew when the Read-a-thon was, but that's okay, there is time before and after, and I'll be getting colorful with a friend, so it will be an awesome day!  I just couldn't skip a Dewey's!

Good luck everyone!
Updates: (See what I'm reading at the bottom)

Wrapup - I actually ended up having a family emergency and never really got more read during the read-a-thon, but thank you to everyone that commented, and I hope to see you all in April!

11:00 am - Done with Foundation, it was a quick prequel to the Enclave series, and time to head to the races!  I will be out until this evening, so I hope everyone enjoys their day and I'll see you later!  Next up, The Dalai Lama's Cat.

9:00 am - first read done!  I really enjoyed Silent Blade and highly recommend it!  Next up Foundation by Ann Aguirre another fantastic author, her Sirantha Jax series is one of my all time favorites!  Also time to start getting ready for the day!


7:00 am - Good morning everyone! My cat Fergus wanted to make sure I didn't miss the read-a-thon (he wanted to eat), so he kindly woke me up 15 minutes before my alarm went off!  I'm going to start off with Silent Blade by Ilona Andrews and see if I can finish it up before needing to get ready for my Color Run 5K today.

Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Kansas, USA

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? I've got a bunch of novellas ready to work through today, but I have one called the Dalai Lama's Cat that I'm interested to get into.  I've also got Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde to read, season appropriate, and I've never read it before.
 
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?  I think we're going out for fish and chips after our 5K so I'm definitely looking forward to that, but I may need to secure myself something decadent for later tonight!  A chocolate, peanut butter, Butterfinger concrete sounds pretty good!
 
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!  I started doing the Read-a-thon in April of 2010, so that makes this my tenth one!  *throws more confetti* I have 3 cats, several giant fish (goldfish/shubunkens) and a very tolerant husband who is amused by my bookish insanity. I am on the board of my company's employee funded charity foundation, and was able to bring in our local library foundation to them for some funding.  Did I mention I love books?  Yeah, I kinda do. ;)

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?  As I realized in the last question, this is my tenth time for the read-a-thon, so I've done a few different things, one of the ones I'd recommend, if you haven't ever been awake at the end of the read-a-thon, trying getting some sleep in the middle so you can be awake at the end at least once, because it feels really awesome to be there at that finish line, but not so special to feel exhausted the rest of the day!  Get up at least an hour maybe two before the end, then you can go back to sleep when it's over! ;)

Alrighty, back to reading, trying to knock out Silent Blade before it's time to get read for the 5K!


Currently Reading:



Finished:

5 comments:

  1. Have a good day! I think I'll take your advice and at least wake up for the end. I doubt I'll make it all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shaunesay,

    Shaina here with some cheer in Hour 2!

    So glad to hear Fergus got you up and ready! My kitty has been keeping me company too, but she seems rather annoyed when I start to read and stop petting her. ;-)

    Best of luck with your RAT and your 5k (what a great reason for a break!). Have so much fun and read, read, read! #rahrahreadathon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading, running, reading: go, go, go! Happy read-a-thon-ing to you! (I'm cheering for you on behalf of Team Marquez.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dalai Lama's Cat is an intriguing title, and the cover is adorable!
    My cats are either meowing at me for attention, or ignoring me, by turns. They just don't understand this whole reading thing. Good luck with your 5k and happy readathon'ing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Novellas are a great idea for the read-a-thon!!!! I hope that your 5K went well and that you are now back to the books :) Have lots of fun and happy reading!

    #TeamMarquez

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...