Hosted by The Space Between

Monday, November 08, 2010

NANOWRIMO - one week down!

I've made it through week one! It's been an interesting experience, I like the pep talks from authors, and also from my region's leaders, in fact I have to credit them with keeping me going on the second day! I wrote every day of the first week except for Saturday, but even missing a day didn't seem to hurt me too bad as I watched my stats during writing on Sunday. Which is good, because I'm probably missing today as well. I've crossed the 10,000 word mark, so I'm about 1/5th of the way done, and today I just don't have any motivation, or ideas. My story has gone in a bit of a different direction than it's taken in my head for years, there just isn't room for a character that was an integral part originally, and the characters that I would have thought I'd have an easier time writing, just aren't saying anything to me, so their parts are relatively short and boring so far. Ah well, it's all part of the process, and even if I don't write another word this year, I've at least proven to myself that I can sit down and create, which is something I was a little concerned I'd lost as my real world job has become more challenging and required more of my attention over the last few years. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, I just need to think about things for awhile, and see what comes! Hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...