Hosted by The Space Between

Friday, August 21, 2015

Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne, Performed by Tim Curry

Journey to the Center of the Earth: A Signature Performance by Tim CurryJourney to the Center of the Earth: A Signature Performance by Tim Curry by Jules Verne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I probably wouldn't have gotten through this very quickly had I been reading it on my own rather than listening to Tim Curry's masterful performance. He was able to infuse so much character into it, and it truly helped me to appreciate how well done this story really is. There really is a lot of character there. There is also A LOT of detailed geological and instrumental description that probably would have bogged me down, even though I understand it, it's not always the most exciting reading, but definitely added realism to the story. Axel and his uncle Otto, and their guide Hans, really have very distinct personalities that add humor to the story which I believe I would have missed without having the assistance of Tim's reading.

I highly recommend listening to this version, as we like to say Tim Curry could read the phone book and it would be a 5 star performance. He brings this classic adventure story to life and I'm happy to have experienced it!

View all my reviews

COYER SH #23 - A book that takes place in a foreign country, Germany, Iceland, Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...