Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Summer Wrap Up Read-a-thon Aug 4th-12th



Join us for the Summer Wrap Up Read-a-thon hosted by Jude @ In Between and Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal taking place August 4th - August 12th. Click the picture above to be taken to the sign up! We'll be using #SWUR on Twitter.

Goals: A big fat none!

This is going to be a super busy month for me, so I'm not going to give myself a goal. I just like to join in the read-a-thon vibe, and whatever I get read is more than I had read before! ;)

I will post all my updates in this post.

I'm in the middle of a couple of books already, so I'll "wrap" those up and then move on from there!

The Magical Christmas Cat by Nalini Singh, Lora Leigh, Linda Winstead Jones and Erin McCarthy

Starting Page: 274
Finished 8/5/12
Pages Read: 98

Thoughts: Fun stories by some great authors!  The Nalini Singh story was my favorite of this group as really like her Psy-changeling world.
Vampire Empire #1: The Greyfriar by Clay and Susan Griffith

Starting Page: 45
Finished 8/12/12
Pages Read: 258

Thoughts: Loved it!  Greyfriar is a wonderful character, some really poignant moments with him and Adele that just made you want to cry and hug him!  Looking forward to the next book, it's a vampire/alternate history/steampunk feel.  Highly recommend!
Gamer Girl by Mari Mancusi

Starting Page: 1
Finished 8/7/12
Pages Read: 248

Thoughts: A cute fast teen read using a computer game to let the characters get to know each other without the social clicks that limit them in the real world.  Enjoyed it!
The Inspector and Mrs. Jeffries by Emily Brightwell

Starting Page: 1
Finished 8/10/12
Pages Read: 181

Thoughts: A fun little cozy mystery, the Inspector wouldn't get very far without Mrs. Jeffries and the rest of his house staff, though they do their best not to let him know they're helping! 

Total Pages read so far: 785
Average Pages per day: 87

Not bad for a week I didn't think I'd get much reading in! That concludes my Summer Wrap Up Read-a-thon, I was happy with my results, and now I need to get ready for Bout of Books 5.0 that starts tomorrow! Hope everyone had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...