Hosted by The Space Between

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bout of Books 5.0 Goals, Starting Line and Updates

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon


It's time for Bout of Books 5.0! This will be my first time co-hosting a challenge on any read-a-thon, so check in here on Monday to enter. I'm excited and nervous about it. This will also be a very busy week for me at work unfortunately, we're getting ready for our annual physical inventory, so I'm not sure how much I will actually get to read, but I can't miss a Bout of Books, I just can't! (Hi, I'm Shaunie, and I'm a read-a-thon-a-holic.) To join us, just click the banner above and you'll be taken to the Bout of Books blog.

Goal

7 days = 700 pages

This is a little lofty considering my average lately and my work schedule, but we'll see!

TBR's

Here are the TBR's I'm considering:


Finished - 8/16/12
 358 pages
Currently reading
pg 260
Currently reading
6% done/20 pgs 

I'm a mood reader, so this could change, but for now, that's what I'm planning!

I'll do all of my updates here in this post. Good luck everyone, *announcer voice* Let's Get Ready to Re-ead!

Final

I didn't quite make it to my goal, but I was very close!  638 pages all together, and averaged about 91 pages per day over all!  I'm happy with it, and will finish up Magic Strikes quickly.  Can't wait until the next one!  Thank you to our lovely hostesses and all the challenge makers, and other friendly readers!  I love read-a-thons!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck this week. :D

    Hope you get the chance to read Magic Strikes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing Cat and Bones on a Bout-of-Books list ;) I read Magic Bites during the last BoB and I just got Magic Burns. That's a great series too. Good luck this week and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good books! You should enjoy both the Frost and Andrews books. I'll be checking in from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that a cozy mystery I see? I might have to check out Sleight of Paw.

    I think 100 pages a day is very doable! Good luck! @fromleft2write www.fromlefttowrite.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your goals. I missed your challenge. It was a busy Monday with work and first day back to school of the week. Mondays always suck! Anyway, looks like you have some good ones lined up.

    I don't know if I've asked you this before, but I was wondering if you could add a subscribe by email option on your blog? I rarely fool with Google Reader anymore (too overwhelming) and I like to keep up with the blogs I like. If it's not too much trouble, I would appreciate it. =O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! You started with Cat and Bones ;) Wise choice. Exactly where I would have started. Enjoy the last day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...