I love food, anyone that's seen me knows that I didn't get this way by my healthy lifestyle (beware, the sarcasm is deep in here!). As I was picking up my lunch today (see #7!) and wondering what to do my TT on, I decided it might be fun to tell what my favorite restaurants are, and what I like to order (I seem to get fixated on one thing, and always order that), and to find out what your favorites are! These are in no particular order.
1. Starbucks - I've been totally addicted to Starbucks lately. I love coffee flavored things, ice cream, frosting, etc. but have never really enjoyed coffee itself (it smells good, but it never tastes like it smells) until I got turned on to Starbucks. Now a White Chocolate Caramel Mocha with soy and whip cream just makes my day! Seriously, I call it my liquid mood adjustment! The bigger the better! I even got my mother hooked! lol!
2. Mr. Goodcents - I prefer them over Subway or any other sandwich shop, seriously. I can't say it's because they're better, or that you get more, or anything like that, because they aren't, I'm just stuck on them and the thin shaved ham, and it's just what I like! I always get a ham and cheese (provolone) on wheat (if I'm trying to be good *snort*) with lettuce, tomato, whatever seasonings they use, vinegar, but no oil, and mayonnaise and jalapenos. My mom got me started on the jalapenos part.
3. Thai Place - I have 2 favorites here, a primary and secondary. I ALWAYS get Paenang, sometimes beef, sometimes shrimp, sometimes chicken. Paenang is a peanutty flavored curry dish, very rich, and super tasty! I like medium spicy, but I may have to graduate to hot, we'll see! ;) Often I will also get Phad Thai, because I love it, but don't really like it as a whole meal. It's a noodle dish, I'm not sure what the sauce is for it (I've seen fish sauce mentioned, but it tastes kind of chili based to me), but it usually has shrimp and chicken, egg, scallions, chopped peanuts and I can't remember what else in it. Love it love it love it!
4. Bangkok Pavilion - another Thai place (not THE Thai Place which really is the name of the restaurant in #3), I love their buffet, and from it I get the red curry chicken (I think this is also called Gang Dang), their Phad Thai, and their fried spring rolls (?) they have these glass noodles in them, and I'm just stuck on them, I could eat a ton of them! I also love their house salad dressing!
5. Fortune Wok - Chinese this time, (though I think I saw Phad Thai on their menu last time I was there) and here I love the steamed dumplings and the hot and sour soup, to me, theirs are the best I've had. I lately have been getting their Princess Chicken, but it's the soup and the dumplings that stand above all others for me!
6. Bo-Lings - Chinese again (are you sensing a theme here?) but this is the place I come if I want General Tso's Chicken, I like theirs the best! Their hot and sour soup comes in #3 on my list, it's pretty good!
7. Pei-Wei - alright, alright I promise, last Chinese place I'll mention though I do go to others (I like it, alright? :P) Here I always get Honey Seared Chicken. Also, their hot and sour soup is #2 for me, and their crab rangoon are much different than anywhere else I've had. Usually they are mostly filled with a cream cheese mixture, right? These are more shredded crab than anything else, I won't say they're my favorite, because I like the normal cream cheese type too, but they are pretty good!
So let's take a quick break and digest all that Chinese food, what have we learned here? Shaunie REALLY likes hot and sour soup, but it VERY particular about it and has a ranked list... hmmm... maybe Shaunie has issues... LMAO!
Alright, back to the food!
8. Olive Garden - Most of the time I get their Pasta Fagioli soup, bread sticks and salad (they have great house dressing!), cause they'll just keep bringing it, WOO! There's just nothing better than never ending breadsticks and salad, right?
9. Pizza Shoppe - I love Pizza, I really do. But what stands out about PS to me is their house pink salad dressing, there has to be something addictive in it! They even have t-shirts that says "Give me the pink stuff" so it's not just me, really!
Ah, so now we've learned that not only does Shaunie rank restaurants by their hot and sour soup, but also by their salad dressing... yep, girl's got issues, definitely (my favorite at home dressing is Seven Seas Viva Italian by the way, I can just drink that stuff, and *blush* have, on occasion... just to convince you of the fact that I have issues! Okay, it wasn't like, a big gulp or anything, but if you're just in the mood to taste something, and don't want to make a whole salad for it, what do you do? Just a quick little swig! LMAO!)
10. Lone Star Steakhouse - here we go with the salad again, they offer a lettuce wedge with bleu cheese and diced tomatoes (at least they did before the tomato problems, I'm not sure what they do now!) that I love! I also get their Delmonico steak and baked sweet potato with butter, cinnamon and sugar! I'm so mad because they closed the one that's nearby, so now the closest one is at least 30 minutes away, probably a little more! *cry* I know, but Shaunie, how hard is it to cut a head of lettuce into 4th's and pour some bleu cheese and diced tomatoes over it?
11. Chili's - I almost always get the Chicken Ranch Sandwich and fries here, a breaded chicken breast with buffalo sauce and ranch dressing on it, LOVE buffalo sauce (wings are much too much work though, unless they're boneless!) Sometimes I will get the Shanghai Wings (cause they're boneless, and they're sorta tangy like my favorite Chinese dishes heehee) and their Southwest Eggrolls are good too, love the dipping sauce!
12. Red Robin - My current favorite hamburger place (they'll just keep bringing the fries if you ask them too!) and I almost always order the Banzai Burger, it has pineapple and teryaki sauce on it! TASTY! Weird, I would have said so too, but the first time I tried it, it was awesome! Sometimes I'll get the Santa Fe Burger if I'm not in the mood for sweet flavors, it's got tortilla strips and guacamole on it, so it's kinda Mexican flavored.
13. Kokopelli's - I'll all about the fajitas here, and the last time I was there, I had a strawberry margarita and it was REALLY good! Chips and salsa are also one of my favorite things, and that's at about every Mexican restaurant I go to, I think I could eat my weight in chips and sauce (one of the many reasons I'm a not a skinny girl!)
Now that I'm at 13, I've thought of about 10 more places that I like, but since this isn't Thursday 23, I'll stop here! Now it's your turn, tell me what your favorite thing to eat out is! Thanks for stopping by and Happy TT!