Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Oct 5th Frightful Check-In



I finished my first book this afternoon, What the Librarian Did by Karina Bliss - The cover is cheesy but the story is enjoyable, Reformed Rockstar vs. Librarian with a secret! This was also my first Rocktober read, so I will probably do a better review after the read-a-thon.


I've also chosen my Scary/Spooky book for the read-a-thon requirements: Ghost Hunting by Jason Hawes, Grant Wilson and Michael Jan Friedman. That's right, the Ghost Hunters themselves! Not sure I can read this one right before bed though, as the idea of ghosts fascinates me, but also unnerves me!

Still working on:

Vicious Circle (Felix Castor #2) by Mike Carey - with my starting point at 3 hours left, I calculated that to be 92 pages remaining, and I've listened to about an hour of it on my drive back and forth to work since yesterday.

Fablehaven #4: Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull - a fun YA fantasy series that I highly recommend. Update: This is going to have to be my before sleep read, to get me over the Ghost Hunting I was doing, I mean, reading, in my basement while exercising!

How to Read Maya Hieroglyphs by John Montgomery - Reading this for my own non-fiction challenge, I'm at location 744, which I think is about page 80, so that will be my starting point for the read-a-thon. Update: I'm now at page 105 on this one.

Happy Day 3 everyone, and good luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...