Hosted by The Space Between

Sunday, October 30, 2011

NANOWRIMO 2011

Well, I'm going to try it again. Just like last year though, my busiest month at work is November, so I'm not expecting to finish, but it's still fun to give it a try!

For anyone who doesn't know what in the world I'm referring to, November is National Novel Writing Month, or NANOWRIMO. The goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November. This seems to send would be novelists into a frenzy, and makes professionals in the industry cringe at the flood of unpolished works they may be subjected to.

For me, I'd just like to get back in touch with my ability to write, as I feel like I've lost that as I've moved to adulthood and have been in the working world with most of my concentration going to my job. Being an accountant/analyst really doesn't channel my imagination a lot, though it does sap my energy for sure!

If this sounds at all interesting to you, check out the NANWRIMO website where you can sign up, choose a region, and join the fun!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:39 PM

    I don't know whether to wish you good luck or to say have fun. Both apply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm sorry!" might be appropriate too! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...