Hosted by The Space Between

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Sookie it is!

Well my first poll ended in a tie between the Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris and the Women of the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong, so I STILL had a make a decision darn it! WestofMars suggested that a tie meant I had to read all of both series that were tied, but I'm not going to even try that! So here it is, Sookie wins! Which is not to say that I won't start reading the others as well, but I'm going to TRY to read all of the books listed below in 2011.




1. Dead Until Dark (2001)
2. Living Dead in Dallas (2002)
3. Club Dead (2003)
4. Dead to the World (2004)
5. Dead as a Doornail (2005)
6. Definitely Dead (2006)
7. All Together Dead (2007)
8. From Dead to Worse (2008)
9. Dead and Gone (2009)
10. Dead in the Family (2010)
11. Dead Reckoning (2011)

This didn't go so well for me on Lynn Viehl's Darkyn series, as I missed it by two, and there were fewer books to read that time, but I'll give it a go. At best I'll catch up, and at worst, I'll still hopefully be farther than I am now!

I've set 3 challenges for myself, and signed up for 4 more hosted challenges, for a total of 95 books if I don't let any of them count for multiple challenges. *faints* Um... yeah... well, I guess I'd best get to readin' huh?

Good luck on your challenges, or just in your reading, I look forward to seeing what books the year brings!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I said you'd have to read them both. And I still think you should. Although 95? That's more than I read last year. Impressive.

    btw, the Sookie books are like crack. You spend 24 hours totally sucked in, unable to put it down, and then jones until the next one hits your hands.

    Yep, fast reads. Because they're so damn delectable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sookie's on my list to read this year. The first book is, anyway. My former co-worker/supervisor is a big fan of Sookie and I promised I'd read the first book -- we shared a love for paranormal romance and urban fantasy. I'm more of a shifter gal -- but I'm trying to give the vamps a fair try. ;-)

    I also want to try Armstrong's series as well.

    I'm a challenge addict. What can I say. I think..(counts off from list)..26. Most hosted, a few from GoodReads, a few perpetual, and some personal.

    Good luck with your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Susan -- oops, I fixed it, I'm sure Elsi would have said that to me though if she'd thought of it lol! Or at least she probably said something similar!

    @Christina 26 challenges?! Wow, good luck! I have a couple co-workers who also have read the series and just loved it, not to mention many of my Bookcrossing friends as well, so I know it will be good. I do want to watch the Trueblood series too, but I want to read the books first! Good luck on your challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...