Hosted by The Space Between

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Teaser - "The Christmas Cuckoo" in Christmas Revels by Mary Jo Putney

"Please, don't say anything more -- words are never adequate for the deepest truths." Wanting to remove the shadows from Jack's anguished blue eyes, she laid a gloved hand on his arm. "My trials have been different from yours, but I have learned that heroism lies beyond despair. And while it is certainly admirable, it is never glorious." -- pg. 132 of "The Christmas Cuckoo" in Christmas Revels by Mary Jo Putney


I'm reading this as my last book for the Christmas Spirit Challenge, and was really struck by that quote, so I thought I'd share. I think this might be my favorite of the Christmas books I've read this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...