Hosted by The Space Between

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays 10/5/10


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I had a hard time picking one out this time, nothing was really striking me, so I hope this one is okay, it did kind of grab me and make me want to punch Evan, he's definitely a creep!

Free image hosting at imagecave.com

   "Sophie's a loose cannon, Dani. I don't know what I ever saw in her in the first place."

   "Beauty. Same thing you see in all your women." I say before I can stop myself.

    Evan winks. "You make me sound shallow. As though I chew people up and spit them out."

   "You do break a lot of hearts," I tell him, and he beams, like he's proud of it.

   "It may appear that way, but I've merely had a string of bad luck," Evan says as he shows me out of his office. "Some women are too annoying, too fat, too clingy to merit a lasting relationship. I seem to know them all."

    I can't get out of there fast enough.

-- Your Big Break, pg 27 by Johanna Edwards



Don't you just want to strangle that guy?! I know I do! I don't seem to be very good at just finding 2 sentences!

13 comments:

  1. Haha! I never seem to stick very good to the two sentence rule either! Great teaser though! Thanks for sharing! :) Mine is at:
    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding right? What a jerk. I say you grab him from the front, I'll get him from behind - we'll strip him off (with gloves of course) and tie him to a lamp post during peak hour traffic! Might cure him of his chauvanistic attitude. If not ... still a great laugh and we can all throw rotten veggies :)

    Here's my TEASER for this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, yes, that guy is an $%^@( !!!

    But, I still think it's a good teaser! :) I might have to check out what the heck is going on in this one!

    Here's my Teaser: Coffee and a Book Chick -- Teaser Tuesday...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does seem to need a good slap upside the head at the very least...

    Nothing wrong with more than two sentences...you haven't given too much away.

    Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrgh. What a jerk. Great teaser though, makes me want to know if she actually does strangle him.
    My teaser is here: http://eleristone.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday-darkfever.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh! Guess he thinks he is a great catch for someone who will be able to measure up to his unreal standards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:02 PM

    Interesting teaser! I had a hard time sticking to two sentences too -- out of context everything sounds so weird! If I'd had my way, I'd have posted a page.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't blame her for getting out of there!! great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol that guy needs a slap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, Jerk. I'm not sure I should read this book without throwing it at some point (like Breaking Dawn).

    Here is my link :)
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com/2010/10/knicker-teaser-to-kill-warlock.html

    Mad Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  11. O cool one!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...