Hosted by The Space Between

Sunday, June 25, 2017

The Sunday Post #6



Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme


I joined 2 read-a-thons, #LitsyPartyofOne June 23rd - 25th over on the Litsy App (very cool if you haven't looked at it, it's like a true book only Instagram, but only available on phones and tablets I think?) and also COYER's first Summer Reading List Read-a-thon starts today and runs through next Sunday.





We watched Beauty and the Beast finally this week, it was a lot of fun! There were so many great actors and actresses in it, such beautiful scenery and of course singing and dancing! Le Fou was fabulous!  We really enjoyed it.









I talked about series that I have mean to start, but haven't on Top Ten Tuesday.

I reviewed The Hate U Give, which is such a wonderful and important book. I really think everyone would benefit from reading it.

I gave an update on my TBR List pick for June, which was... not so great.  So I just updated my original post rather than dedicating a new one to it.

Here is my sign up post that shows what I might be reading (and reviewing) this coming week for the COYER Summer Reading List Read-a-thon #1.



On Tuesday I'll be talking about my favorite reads of 2017 so far, in Top Ten Tuesday.

Hopefully I'll be reviewing... something, from the COYER Read-a-thon, hopefully... ;)

On Saturday I'll be posting a new set of 3 books to vote on for my TBR List for July.




I added quite a few bargains to Mount TBR this week.  These were all on sale for under $2 each when I purchased them for Kindle, except for Behind the Mask, which was regular priced, and Saga #1, which I checked out from the library.

  




This next batch are all from my subscription book boxes for June, Uppercase, Owlcrate and Fairy Loot:



12 comments:

  1. Coyer is lots of fun. I have book one of McGuire's series on audio and really need to try it. I love her Mira Grant books. Wow, you did awesome on the bargains! Hope your week is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the Summer Reading readathon, sounds like fun!

    I read Discount Armageddon a while back, it's pretty good. Haven't read the enxt one yet though. Roar I'm curious about, having heard different things, and both Song of the Current and The Sandcastle Empire looks promising as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of the Sandcastle Empire...a bit less YA trope and more Hunger Games kind of vibe. I might check that out at some point. Good luck with Coyer! I don't like reading with rules so I don't do these kind of things but a lot of my blogging friends are getting involved. I've had a good reading summer so far and I hope it continues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like everyone but me are doing COYER. So many books, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The read athons sound fun, I have never done one before. Have a great week and enjoy those books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be posting on Tuesday my favorite reads of 2017 (so far) too. Maybe I will see you then!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/06/the-best-of-bookexpo.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed Beauty and the Beast, too. You picked up some great sale books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh hey, that's so cool! How do I find you on Litsy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I really want to read the Hate U Give Now and I want to see Beauty and the Beast soon!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beauty and the Beast! I've heard it is so good, and I missed it at the movies. I live in a house of all male influences(even the cat and dog!) In all likelihood, I will get outvoted and not get a chance to see it anytime in the near future. *cries* Enjoy your week and happy reading!
    Jo-Ann
    Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to get my hands on Roar. My library has ordered a copy but it isn't in yet. I read Discount Armageddon a few years back and really liked it. In fact, I need to continue with that series. The author's one of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:37 PM

    I adored Beauty and the Beast.

    I love your blog, it is beautiful and unique. It really stands out!

    I hope you have a fantastic week of reading.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...