Hosted by The Space Between

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Only Pirate at the Party by Lindsey Stirling

The Only Pirate at the PartyThe Only Pirate at the Party by Lindsey Stirling
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really enjoyed listening to Lindsey's story in her own voice. I was a little surprised at no mention of the collaborations with The Piano Guys, which is how I first discovered her, or with Pentatonix on Radioactive which is one of my favorites, or with Peter Hollens on the Star Wars, Game of Thrones and Skyrim pieces which are how I discovered Peter. While they are large factors in my experience of Lindsey, I'm sure there could be very good reasons they may have been left out.

It was a fun listen that lets us in on the ups and downs of normal girl become you-tube star and how quickly things can change. She's also honest about her own struggles with an eating disorder and her own expectations and painful reality checks while establishing herself in a harsh industry.

I've enjoyed her music and personal style immensely, and she and her team were super nice over a ticket misunderstanding on our part, and during the meet and greet we attended. Meeting her, Gavi and Drew was like getting back together with old friends even though it was the first time, and I thank them for that! My heart broke along with her, their team and the other fans at Gavi's passing last year, as she says after the book was finished, but before it was published.

I'm excited for how far she has come, and wish her continued success and happiness, which is sometimes hard to find through the process and journey. I'm looking forward to seeing where her path leads!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...