Hosted by The Space Between

Monday, October 26, 2015

Aunt Dimity Digs In (Aunt Dimity #4) by Nancy Atherton

From Goodreads:

The latest in this enchanting and fast-selling series, featuring the beloved ghost Aunt Dimity, opens in a picturesque English cottage where the lovable Lori Shepherd is up to her elbows in pureed carrots and formula bottles, striving to be the perfect mother to twins! Luckily, a beautiful Italian nanny arrives just in time so Lori can help settle the local civil war stirred up by a visiting archaeologist's excavation. With Reginald, the stuffed pink rabbit and Edmond Terrance, the stuffed tiger in tow, Lori hunts down a missing document, and the archaeologist digs up a lot more than artifacts. It is Aunt Dimity's magic blue notebook that provides the key to buried secrets and domestic malice, and shows all the residents of Finch that even the darkest acts can be overcome by forgiveness.


I think this is my favorite Aunt Dimity book yet, for so many reasons! The Archaeology aspect was a draw, and Edmond Terrance, which I'm actually surprised was mentioned in the blurb because to me his existence is such a strong emotional moment, for me at least, that it's almost a spoiler to even mention him in my opinion!  You just never know what mischief Reginald will get up to either!

I don't feel like the blurb gives enough credit to all the action within this story. There are so many things going on, past and present. One thing I love about this series is that they are strong mysteries without a murder to solve. You are pulled in by the intrigues of the small village of Finch and just kept entertained by the villagers different personalities and interactions.  I really feel like I've been there and I can't wait to go back!

I'll definitely be visiting Aunt Dimity for Christmas (that's #5) but I'm saving that for a holiday read-a-thon in November.  I can't recommend this cozy mystery series enough, it's easily one of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...