Hosted by The Space Between

Saturday, January 07, 2017

My TBR List - January 2017 - Jim C. Hines



Welcome to my January 2017 edition of My To Be Read List, hosted by Michelle @ Because Reading. This is a monthly meme where we offer up 3 choices from our TBR pile for our readers to pick from to help us make the super hard decision of "what do I read next?" a little easier and to whittle away at the ever growing TBR Mountain! 

Theme: Books by author Jim C. Hines. I have actually followed this author for awhile but still have yet to actually read one of his books, that ends this month! I really enjoy his commentary/viewpoints and actually discovered him thanks to his hilarious recreations of fantasy covers that feature women in impossible poses, which was the whole point of him trying to recreate them, to show how ridiculous many of them were. Sometimes he even drags some sidekicks into the fun (like Patrick Rothfuss!) If you'd like to see some, check out this image search. Feel free to leave me a comment and tell me which book you voted for and why.

The poll will stay open through Friday 1/13, and I'll update this post with the winning book on Saturday 1/14, then post a review on the last Saturday of the month, 1/28.

If you think this sounds fun and would like to join (the more the merrier, because we love voting!) please head on over to Because Reading where Michelle lays out the rules for us!

And the choices are...


From Goodreads:

Isaac Vainio is a Libriomancer, a member of the secret organization founded five centuries ago by Johannes Gutenberg. Libriomancers are gifted with the ability to magically reach into books and draw forth objects. When Isaac is attacked by vampires that leaked from the pages of books into our world, he barely manages to escape. To his horror he discovers that vampires have been attacking other magic-users as well, and Gutenberg has been kidnapped.

With the help of a motorcycle-riding dryad who packs a pair of oak cudgels, Isaac finds himself hunting the unknown dark power that has been manipulating humans and vampires alike. And his search will uncover dangerous secrets about Libriomancy, Gutenberg, and the history of magic. . . .

From Goodreads:

You know how all those old fairy tales take you through lots of scary adventures till you finally reach that inevitable line: "And they lived happily ever after..." Guess what? It's not true. Life in never-never land isn't all sweetness and light. Cinderella - whose real name is Danielle Whiteshore (nee Danielle de Glas) - does marry Prince Armand. And (if you can ignore the pigeon incident) their wedding is a dream-come-true.

But not long after the "happily ever after," Danielle is attacked by her stepsister Charlotte, who suddenly has all sorts of magic to call upon. And though Talia - otherwise known as Sleeping Beauty - comes to the rescue (she's a martial arts master, and all those fairy blessings make her almost unbeatable), Charlotte gets away.

That's when Danielle discovers a number of disturbing facts: Armand has been kidnapped and taken to the realm of the Fairies; Danielle is pregnant with his child; and the Queen has her very own Secret Service that consists of Talia and Snow (White, of course). Snow is an expert at mirror magic and heavy-duty flirting.

Can three princesses track down Armand and extract both the prince and themselves from the clutches of some of fantasyland's most nefarious villains?





From Goodreads:

Jig is a scrawny little nearsighted goblin-a runt even among his puny species. Captured by a party of adventurers searching for a magical artifact, and forced to guide them, Jig encounters every peril ever faced on a fantasy quest.


Create your own user feedback survey

#MyTBRL

10 comments:

  1. 100% the Stepsisters Scheme! I loved that entire series! I have yet to read his other series but that one is my favorite and I love the covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goblin Quest has been on my TBR forever . . .And yet I went with Libriomancer. Go figure. LOL They all sound good though. I hope to one day read something by JC Hines as well. Enjoy whichever wins! And have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goblin Quest sounds fun! Enjoy whichever wins!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these, but Libriomancer sounds super intriguing, and also like it could generally be a lot of fun so I had to go for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read from this author but these all sound good. I voted for the Stepsisters Scheme. It sounds like a fun book. I hope you enjoy the winning book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked Libromancer because I want to read it soooo badly! I hope you enjoy the chosen book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy your winner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted stepsister's scheme - I read it for my tbr list about a year ago and really enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted for Libriomancer as I couldn't resist that title, makes me curious about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I voted for Libriomancer because of the title, it made me curious to see what it was about. I hope you enjoy the winner.

    Tina @ As Told By Tina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...