Hosted by The Space Between

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Time for some Napping!

I finished my second full length book, and hit 541 pages! 2nd level achieved!

I discovered Nancy Springer in junior high when I read The Silver Sun by her, so I always know I'm in for a good story, whatever she tackles.  I love Arthurian tales, and this was no exception, poignant and sad however, told from Mordred's point of view, and no matter how hard he tries to do the right thing, his fate seems sealed.  It's making me want to go watch Excalibur again,  even though I really recall not liking Mordred in the movie.  There was some rearrangement of the tale here, but there are always differences in every retelling.

And the cover goes really nicely with my blog color scheme, I just noticed!

I'm headed to bed for now with my next read, Ashes and Alchemy by Cindy Spencer Pape.  It's part of a steampunk series I've been enjoying.  I may try to get up before the end of the read-a-thon to be there for the finish.  If I don't make it up, I'll wrap up later, and another round of thanks to all the cheerleaders and organizers!  You all make this the wonderful event it has become!


Finished:
A Big Hand for the Doctor - Eoin Colfer - 46 pages
Something From the Nightside - Simon R. Green - 230 pages
The Nameless City - Michael Scott - 81 pages
I Am Mordred - Nancy Springer - 184 pages

Total Pages: 541

ETA: Fergus was nice enough to wake me up half an hour before the Read-a-thon was over, so I got a few more pages in before the end, after I fed the furballs of course! 

Partial:
Ashes and Alchemy - Cindy Spencer Pape - 30 pages

Updated Total Pages: 571

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I didn't read as much or as long as I had wanted. That'll teach me to stay up too late the night beforehand. I find Dewey's to be very intense since it's all compressed into a single day. Bout of Books 13 is coming up in May! I read fewer than 300 pages, but that's quite a bit more than my daily average, so I guess I can call Dewey's a success, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...