Hosted by The Space Between

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Music: Lindsey Stirling - A Dancing Violinist? YES!



I have been gushing about my newest music find to anyone that will listen. Her name is Lindsey Stirling and she plays the violin AND dances! This is something that has become more popular in the last few years, and even though we're seeing more string players liberated from their orchestra chairs, it's still just amazing to me that this is even possible. I was in marching band in high school, I know it is not the easiest thing in the world to move and play at the same time!

I have seen the music described as dubstep (I had to look that up!) which is a genre electronic dance music, and it definitely makes you want to dance! It also makes me wish I could just pick up a violin and express my emotions, but alas my instrument is the clarinet and I am woefully out of practice lo these many years since college. Rather than struggle to describe how wonderful she is, I encourage you to check out the videos Lindsey has posted on Youtube under her Lindseystomp channel, there is a great mix of the beautiful and the fun there! Here are a couple of my favorites:





My husband and I were lucky enough to get to see Lindsey and her crew recently at a sold out concert, and also were able to attend the meet and greet before hand. That room was full of energy and joy! This girl is adorable in addition to being so talented and so sweet and fun! Gavi on keyboards and Drew on drums are great backups for her, they all three have fantastic personalities and I would love to just be able to hang out with them, and also Becky and Sandra, but you'll have to watch Lindsey's "My Girls" video on her second YouTube channel to fully appreciate that experience!

We discovered Lindsey through another recent music find, The Piano Guys, who we are so excited to get to go see in May! You should definitely check them out too, their Cello Wars video is fantastic! Here is the video that introduced us to Lindsey, also a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...