Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

WWW Wednesdays 11/3/10



To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

* What are you currently reading?
* What did you recently finish reading?
* What do you think you’ll read next?

Then head on over to Should be Reading and leave a comment with a link to your post so others can see!


I'm currently reading:

Free image hosting at imagecave.comTwilight Fall by Lynn Viehl -- Such eyes on the cover! I was definitely interested in this book of the series, as I liked Valentin Jaus from the other books, I'm looking forward to seeing him fleshed out here, and getting to have something besides unrequited love.
Free image hosting at imagecave.comHandbags and Homicide (Haley Randolph #1) by Dorothy Howell -- from fantasticfiction.com: Witty, smart, and always chic-to-die despite a less than glam checking account balance, Haley Randolph has it all--Gucci, Prada, Chanel, Coach, Burberry--and she'd kill for the newest Louis Vuitton handbag. It seems she's not the only one. When someone's passion for designer purses leads to murder, Haley goes shopping for a killer to clear her name... -- was just in the mood for a cozy mystery!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comI'm listening to Stalking Darkness (Nightrunner #2) by Lynn Flewelling -- about a third of the way maybe? It's a pretty long audibook, not like Outlander long (30 some CD's!) but still when you only have about 30-40 minutes a day to listen to it. I'm enjoying it, but this is one where I wonder if I might have enjoyed it more if I had read it, the narrator isn't bad, he's just not terribly animated, and I think I might have fared better with the nuances of Seregil's character better in my own imagination. But I do recommend this series so far!


Since last Wednesday I finished reading:

Free image hosting at imagecave.comImmortals: Evermore by Alyson Noel -- Another great teen paranormal! Poor Ever, I would hate to go through life being able to hear everything everyone was thinking. As much as we might think we'd like to know, I'm sure the reality would be a nightmare, especially when you can hear the other kids who are making fun of you! Highly recommend!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comTrevor's Song by Susan Helene Gottfried -- All finished and I loved it! I plan to do a giveaway soon in coordination with Susan's own Musical Hanukkah event, so do check back because I will do an actual review and you might be able to win a Trevor of your very own! You can't have mine, cause he's autographed, and he ain't leavin' this house!
No coverGreat Gunfighters of the Kansas Cowtowns 1867-1886 by Nyle H. And Snell, Joseph W. Miller -- I admit it, I wussed and turned this one back in. Work is so stressful right now that I just couldn't concentrate on this one, it being primarily a resource book, a collection of historical newspaper articles on the people, tied with a bit of commentary, and TINY tiny print! It felt like it took an hour just to get through one page! lol!


Probably up next:

Free image hosting at imagecave.comSlightly Settled by Wendy Markham
Free image hosting at imagecave.comWolfsbane and Mistletoe A paranormal anthology with a Christmas theme, it'll be here before we know it! *tremble*

8 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas on the reading next, and yes it will be here too darn fast!

    I am going to say for sure you should love Twilight Fall, by Lynn Viehl as it was one of my favorites of her series!


    My Books this week

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting line up! I'm always itnrigued by a new cozy mystery that I've not heard of before. Be interested to see what you think of Handbags & Homicide.

    Here's my WWW: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/11/www-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy reading! Lots of fun books for you. My WWW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:27 AM

    A lot of people seem to be reading vampire / werewolf / paranormal stuff right now. I'm making a list of potential future reading for me!

    Mine's here: http://wp.me/pFyoG-n0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:24 PM

    1. What are you currently reading?
    The Trophy Bride's Tale by Cyrilla Barr

    2. What did you recently finish reading?
    The White Queen by Phillippa Gregory

    3. What do you think you'll read next?
    Expiation by Greg Messel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books!! Love the cover of Twilight Fall! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Handbags and Homicide sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...