Hosted by The Space Between

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WWW Wednesdays 9/15/10



Woohoo it's my second time, let's see how I did!

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…

* What are you currently reading?
* What did you recently finish reading?
* What do you think you’ll read next?

Then head on over to Should be Reading and leave a comment with a link to your post so others can see!

I'm currently reading:

Free image hosting at imagecave.comFantasy Life by Kristine Kathryn Rusch -- Good so far, a daughter who had left comes home as her own daughter's powers manifest tragically, and a murder mystery involving a mermaid, we'll see how things develop!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comI'm listening to Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr - 3rd book in the Wicked Lovely series, watch out for scary faeries!


Since last Wednesday I finished reading:

Free image hosting at imagecave.comThe Next Big Thing by Johanna Edwards -- I admit it, I've watched my share of Big Brother, Survivor and Celebrity Fit Club, just to name a few. They're like a train wreck, thankful it's not you, but it's still fascinating to watch. All you have to do is watch for a few minutes and you've already picked out who you like and who you don't. This was a good story about a girl who goes on a Weight Loss Reality TV show, and even though the absolutely unimaginable happens to her, she comes out the other side a winner, and definitely better off than she was before, it just takes her a little bit to realize it. Recommend it!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comMind Games by Carolyn Crane - Really liked this one, will definitelly be getting the next one! Justine is a hypochondriac that believes she could die at any moment from a vein star in the brain. In order to control her fear, she becomes part of a group of disillusionists who each use their particular neurosis as a weapon, "zinging" it into their target and freeing themselves, while de-stablizing their criminal victim in order to eventually reboot them so that they see the error of their ways and make a turn around in their lives. Very interesting concept, I highly recommend this urban fantasy!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comI'm listening to The Alexandria Link by Steve Berry -- An archaeological thriller where Cotton Malone, ex government agent is on the trail of the Library of Alexandria. Continent hopping, shooting, plane jumping, kidnapping, political intrigue, biblical questions, very interesting and exciting, with a couple twists, and in some cases, you can't decide who the good and bad guys really are! Recommend this series and am looking forward to the next one The Venetian Betrayal about Alexander the Great!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comUnicorns of Balinor: The Road to Balinor by Mary Stanton -- The princess and her unicorn are stranded in our world with no memory of who they are. Definitely one for rainbow/fantasy/horse/unicorn loving young girls! It kept my interest though, and although we're privy to who the princess and her unicorn are, we don't know where the dog came from, so I'll have to keep reading! I recommend it for young girls that love fantasy.


Possibly up next:

Free image hosting at imagecave.comDarkyn #5: Evermore by Lynn Viehl -- I'm taking part in a challenge to read this series by the end of 2010, I think I can make it!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comDragon Temple Saga #3, Forged by Fire by Janine Cross -- this has been a very dark and gritty fantasy trilogy, I can't really say that I like it, but I also have to know how it turns out, so I would say that does mean it's good! The story is very solid, it's just brutal!
Free image hosting at imagecave.comSlightly Single by Wendy Markham -- write up on Fantastic Fiction: Following her college sweetheart to New York City, Tracy Spadolini is stunned when he leaves her for the summer, and, determined to change her life and get things into perspective, Tracey, with the help of her friends and one special guy, becomes a new woman, one with confidence and determination.


If you made it down to the end here and haven't already seen it, be sure and check out my giveaway offering on the sidebar, a $25 GC to the Literacy Site Store, to be awarded on 10/10/10!

10 comments:

  1. Good books - haven't heard of any of them but I'll be looking into them all.

    Here's my WWW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That's what you call reading marathon. =)

    My WWW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Anne, it's a bit misleading *blush* I was sick this past weekend so stayed home and read A LOT, and then the little unicorn book was very short, and the audio book I'd been listening to for about a month, so it's not as much as it seems! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of reading! (I was home sick for part of mine too...).

    I just started the Dante, so I'm not sure yet how difficult it is. I've heard that the Sayers translation is a good one for helping with difficulties. We'll see. When I get it finished, I'll have a review up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great WWW. Hope you are enjoying Fragile Eternity :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a busy reading week, I wish I did too and know how to get out of this reading slump. Happy Reading!!!
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! That is a lot of books!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy mackerel! You are most definitely a book philanderer ;) Some nice selection there. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw your comment on Tome's Devotee. I like your header. There is something about the colors of the two columns that I want to tweak, but I don't know what it is. :)

    Here's my W.W.W.

    http://situationswhereyoumayneedit.blogspot.com/2010/09/www-wednesdays-september-15-2010.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...