Hosted by The Space Between

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well here we are, the 1st day of a shiny new year! We get to start over on our book counts and challenges, and make resolutions that we're determined to keep (only to break them in the first week if not sooner! lol!). It's a clean slate in some ways, and there's just nothing more exciting than the unlimited potential of a new beginning!

I've learned not to make detailed resolutions, because for me those are doomed to fail right off! So my one and only true resolution this year will be to try to exercise more, I've the got the equipment in my basement, and a nearly unlimited supply of books that I add to almost weekly, so really, it's a win/win (yes, I read while walking on my treadmill or using the elliptical, otherwise I would be totally bored!)

My job has been extremely challenging lately, causing me a lot of anxiety and stress (was that redundant?) and making me a little less than an optimistic person (that sound was my husband snorting in the background at my understatement. okay, actually he didn't, because he's not reading over my shoulder right now, but if he were, that's what he would have done! Heehee!) So another challenge I'm going to tackle in 2009 is trying to keep a more positive outlook, to try and remind myself of how fortunate I am, and what I have been blessed with during those times when it seems like all I can see is the never ending black tunnel of a job that doesn't seem to be getting any easier. It's very easy to get caught up in all of that and let it determine your mood. These are difficult times, and I know I'm only one of millions of people who feel the same way. If you're one of them, just hang in there, we'll get there! ;)

Whatever your resolutions are, don't be too hard on yourself if you step off track, just don't stay off track. Accept that you're not perfect (because despite rumors to the contrary, none of us are!), forgive yourself, and get back on track in your goal! It's never too late to start again, and while New Years Day is a good mile marker, it's all hype, any day is a great day for a new start! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...