Hosted by The Space Between

Monday, October 06, 2008

HQ/Sil Challenge #3: The Mummy Case by Dawn Stewardson

Title: The Mummy Case
Author: Dawn Stewardson
Imprint: Harlequin Intrigue #257
Year: 1994

Marina is an insurance investigator in the special claims department, a recent promotion from the auto claims. Her mentor Nat lands in the hospital with a heart attack, leaving Marina to work alone after only six weeks. Her current case involves a stolen mummy case, replaced with a forgery at the Donner museum's exhibit. The prime suspect is Revington York, the owner of Careful Wheels, the transport company hired to move the exhibit from LA to the Donner in San Francisco. Marina is determined to prove to her boss Charlie that she can do a good job, so that she doesn't have to go back to boring auto claims, but she soon realizes that this case is more than she bargained for. Revington, eager to prove his innocence demands to tag along with her and be involved in the investigation, and weird and dangerous things start happening. He gifts Marina with what he tells her is a reproduction of the mummy beads from the now missing Princess Amonit's mummy, but are they really? Marina begins hearing voices and seeing things she can't explain, narrowly missing several attempts on her life.

This was a fun little mystery, I'm a sucker for anything Egyptian so of course I had to snag this back when I found it on the sale rack! There's just a touch of the supernatural to it, and a shocking ending, because of course, you guessed it, there's a sequel! I may have to see if I can find a copy of the next one on Bookmooch or Paperbackswap, just to see what happens!

If you too are into a little romantic mystery with an Egyptian flavor, you're in luck, because I'm ready to pass my copy along! As with all my giveaways, this is a used copy, with a Bookcrossing label, and while I would love a journal entry from you if you are so inclined, the book will be yours to do with as you please.

To enter, just post a comment on this entry, and I will randomly choose a winner on October 18th! Please remember to include an e-mail address if your profile is hidden so that I can contact you if you win.

11 comments:

  1. I like the sound of you book.

    Alittle romantic mystery with an Egyptian is great to read about. :)

    Thanks,
    Dina

    dlsmilad(at)yahoo(com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like romance and i like egyptian setting and so this sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art (especially Epyptian) mysteries are always interesting! I keep coming across a lot of Egyptian themed books that intrigue me. I recently finished one that's considered young adult but it was too good to be confined in that category. It's called Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R.L. LaFevers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good mystery, count me in! tWarner419@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds fun. I adore "cozy" mysteries. Plus an Egyptian theme with romance sounds like a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!

    I was just dropping by to let you know that I nominated your blog for the I Love Your Blog award.

    Hop on over to www.ruthiesbookreviews.blogspot.com and check out the post!

    Have a great day and keep spreading the love!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds really interesting!
    Please count me in. Thanks.

    avalonne83 [at] yahoo [dot] it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Egypt and I love a good mystery!!!
    Please enter me!
    Thank you for all that you do!
    Darby
    darbyscloset at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. a romantic mystery with a shocking ending-I'd love to read this

    tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love mysterys and egypt!!! Two of the best mixes in a book!
    Pls, enter me in this drawing!
    Thank you
    Darby
    darbyscloset at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great read!

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...